OSS Watch is a service offered by Oxford IT Services, offering support, training, and consultancy in a range of areas, incuding:
- Creating a “level playing field” for open source options in the selection and procurement of new systems
- Working with developers to release software developed within the University under free and open source software licenses
- Improving the sustainability of software by adopting open development practices and/or identifying appropriate business models
- Helping with the development of project proposals that involve elements of software development, particularly in areas such as software intellectual property management, open development, and sustainability
- Assisting with software licensing and intellectual property issues
We work in partnership with other units including ISIS Innovation, Legal Services and Research Services.
For more information, contact us.